Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What caused my EX score to increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What caused my EX score to increase?

Good morning... The hubby and I both had a 13 point increase to our EX scores 2 days ago.  I thought maybe it was caused my our lien being removed, but today they are still showing on EX.  It has been removed from my EQ & his EQ & TU.  I thought it was odd that it was 13 points for both of us.  Nothing new has reported.  Our credit card wont report until the 12th.

The only minute differences are that our "time since late" went from 1.7 years to 1.8 years, oldest account went from 10.5 to 10.6 years, and average age of accounts went from 5 to 5.1 years old.  Were talking fractions of percents.  Could those small amounts really cause a 13 point increase?  Or is there hope that CCT report just isn't showing the EX lien removal?

Thank you!! Any insight would be great because I am really perplexed as to how it happened?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: What caused my EX score to increase?

@Anonymous wrote:

Good morning... The hubby and I both had a 13 point increase to our EX scores 2 days ago.  I thought maybe it was caused my our lien being removed, but today they are still showing on EX.  It has been removed from my EQ & his EQ & TU.  I thought it was odd that it was 13 points for both of us.  Nothing new has reported.  Our credit card wont report until the 12th.

The only minute differences are that our "time since late" went from 1.7 years to 1.8 years, oldest account went from 10.5 to 10.6 years, and average age of accounts went from 5 to 5.1 years old.  Were talking fractions of percents.  Could those small amounts really cause a 13 point increase?  Or is there hope that CCT report just isn't showing the EX lien removal?

Thank you!! Any insight would be great because I am really perplexed as to how it happened?

I actually have a similar unexplained mystery. Mine went up 14 points, from 771 to 785. Only thing, nothing positive has occurred of which I am aware, only some slightly negative things -- increase in utilization percentage, new account reporting, inquiry reporting.

My 3B reports will be coming in soon; if they give me any clue as to the reason, I'll let you know.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

I just noticed one possible positive change.

My installment utilization decreased from 8.9% to 4.8%.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It most likely has to do with aging. Negatives, positives and inquiries are a month older. I usually get an increase at the beginning of the month. I attribute it to aging.

Message 4 of 9
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Also look at AoYA. All of those factors together could attribute to the increase.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the feedback.  Much appreciated.  I have only been with CCT a couple months so I wasn't sure what it could be.  Thanks again. 

Message 6 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the feedback.  Much appreciated.  I have only been with CCT a couple months so I wasn't sure what it could be.  Thanks again. 

I got unexplained increases of 10 points in EQ and TU and 14 points in EX...  I'm totally at a loss to figure out why.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EX went up as well. 17 pts. I have no idea why either.On this site it still shows as 642. But today I went on Experian.com and it showed 659 as of today. I figured I would have gotten an alert on this site because something happened for a 17 point increase but nothing. And I don't know why I can see my score on Experian.com. I never paid for anything on that site and it never showed me my score before.

Message 8 of 9
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

@joesef Whatever caused the score increase might not have been a trigger to report a new score yet.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.