Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What day should you check your fico on?

tag
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

What day should you check your fico on?

I'm curious about fico scoring, specifically with regards to monitoring it, and seeing if the fico changed after certain things.

For example, I got a notification from equifax today that one of my items was deleted because I disputed it.  Does that already reflect in my fico if I were to pull it tonight?

Or will the fico not be updated until tomorrow?  Does it matter that its a saturday? 

Thanks!

CK EQ: 730 / CK TU: 735 / EXP FICO: 721 / EX Vantage: 793 / Total Exposure: 112K
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: What day should you check your fico on?

A new purchased report from myFICO will pull whatever information the CRA currently has and calculate a score based on what is currently on the report. So, if an item is removed from your EQ report, a FICO based on this report will reflect the new information (ie: the removed amount from the report will not be calculated in the score).
EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 5
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

Great thank you for the help.  One, slightly smaller question is, if you have inquiries from say 2/13 or 2/12 would you need to wait until tomorrow for them to have aged 1 yr or 2 yrs ?  Or does it know days?

(I do not have this, I am just curious for future reference.)

Thanks!

CK EQ: 730 / CK TU: 735 / EXP FICO: 721 / EX Vantage: 793 / Total Exposure: 112K
Message 3 of 5
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

The CRAs do record inquiries on the day they are initiated. FICO will stop penalizing for these exactly 1 year, to the day, past the date of the inquiry. They remain on your report for 2 years, however.
EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 5
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

killer information!  thanks so very much!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.