Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does my FICO number mean?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does my FICO number mean?

I have a FICO score of 628 (all 3 same score.... each is the exact replica of the other CRA as of now). I am trying to figure out the MyFico chart puts me in the "Not Good" zone (marker shows in the middle if you are interested). However when I look at offer available throught MyFico.com the only options available are Excellent, Good, Fair and Poor. I know I am not in the poor section but I am not sure if I in the Good Either so I am assuming I should be in the Fair range.... is that a correct assumption?

I just want to see what CC options I have if I want to apply in the next few months. I am more interested in a car loan than a CC.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What does my FICO number mean?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

628 is a bit below average, but still in shooting range for "prime" from a mortgage standpoint.  For credit cards and car loans, it's "high-end" subprime.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would work on getting your score up to at least 660 or so...then you will move from "Not Good" to "Not That Bad."  At 675 comes "Definitely Not Bad," and then at 690 you enter "Not that Good, But Most Assuredly Not Bad."  At 705, you will be ranked "Good, but Not as Good as You Could Be."
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.