Blogger
HiLine

What exactly is enhanced in a credit card - enhanced FICO score?

The Equifax scores credit card lenders give me have been consistently higher than my Equifax ScoreWatch (Beacon 5.0) scores. I'd love to be able to predict my credit card - enhanced score for future applications. Any input would be appreciated. 

guiness56

Re: What exactly is enhanced in a credit card - enhanced FICO score?

When it is an enhanced score, auto or bankcard, those types of accounts are weighted more heavily than they normally would be with a regular score.  How they do that I don't think anyone can tell you.  And as usual, your entire credit profile is dependent on the outcome.

Blogger
HiLine

[ Edited ]

So if you don't have an auto loan but do have credit cards and mortgages, how would your auto-enhanced score differ from the base score? 

guiness56

They would probably score you lower for never having had an auto loan.  Same with a CC enhanced score.

A rejection reason could be insufficient auto trade experience.  Of course, again, YMMV.

Valued Contributor
thom02099

guiness56 wrote:

When it is an enhanced score, auto or bankcard, those types of accounts are weighted more heavily than they normally would be with a regular score.  How they do that I don't think anyone can tell you.  And as usual, your entire credit profile is dependent on the outcome.

OR.....rather than "enhanced", it could simply be the difference between the Beacon 5.0 here and the Beacon 9.0 that lender may have pulled.

AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 768 EQ = 828 TU = 834 - June/2014
guiness56

thom02099 wrote:

guiness56 wrote:

OR.....rather than "enhanced", it could simply be the difference between the Beacon 5.0 here and the Beacon 9.0 that lender may have pulled.

True.  But the question was specifically about enhanced scores, not the differences between Beacon 5 and 9.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+