cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What exactly is enhanced in a credit card - enhanced FICO score?

tag
HiLine
Blogger

What exactly is enhanced in a credit card - enhanced FICO score?

The Equifax scores credit card lenders give me have been consistently higher than my Equifax ScoreWatch (Beacon 5.0) scores. I'd love to be able to predict my credit card - enhanced score for future applications. Any input would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: What exactly is enhanced in a credit card - enhanced FICO score?

When it is an enhanced score, auto or bankcard, those types of accounts are weighted more heavily than they normally would be with a regular score.  How they do that I don't think anyone can tell you.  And as usual, your entire credit profile is dependent on the outcome.

Message 2 of 6
HiLine
Blogger

So if you don't have an auto loan but do have credit cards and mortgages, how would your auto-enhanced score differ from the base score? 

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They would probably score you lower for never having had an auto loan.  Same with a CC enhanced score.

A rejection reason could be insufficient auto trade experience.  Of course, again, YMMV.

Message 4 of 6
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

When it is an enhanced score, auto or bankcard, those types of accounts are weighted more heavily than they normally would be with a regular score.  How they do that I don't think anyone can tell you.  And as usual, your entire credit profile is dependent on the outcome.

OR.....rather than "enhanced", it could simply be the difference between the Beacon 5.0 here and the Beacon 9.0 that lender may have pulled.

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

OR.....rather than "enhanced", it could simply be the difference between the Beacon 5.0 here and the Beacon 9.0 that lender may have pulled.

True.  But the question was specifically about enhanced scores, not the differences between Beacon 5 and 9.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.