Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: What happens

@racer-x wrote:

Very nice.  I don't have any hotrods, yet....I'm into  motorcycles and roadracing them across the country...been doing that for 20 yrs, but I don't do it as often as I'd like anymore.  I think about the consequences more now that I'm older.

I grew up around cars and drag races and car shows and such.  Uncle has:

58 Vette-283, 2 4 bbl's....all original

66 Vette convertible coupe, 427 ...all original

67 Vette Fastback stingray, 427, 3 deuces...all original

80 Vette, 350....meh....all original

I watch nothing but Hot rod shows and everything motorsports related....Bitchin' Rides (Kindigit designs), Boyds' Hot Rod show, Chasing Classic Cars, What's in the Barn?, Jackson Barrett auctions, Overhaulin, Counting cars....you get the picture.

Closest to a hotrod I ever had was an '80 Z28, 4 spd borg warner, hopped up 327 Corvette motor, camel hump heads (202 maybe?), T-tops...nothin' fancy but it was pretty nice.

I'm not quite in the hotrod stage yet...I do like the Restomods though...old school muscle car with new age suspension, interiors, etc....

I'd like to have a 66-69 Chevelle, or 70 Camaro SS or Z28.

I don't have the skillset to do rebuilds and such.  Can i pull and drop motors, sure....can I do metal work, bodywork/paint, fab.....nope, not a lick of it.

Sunny Cali is the best spot to be for a Hotrodder I reckon.

We are pretty much the same when it comes to the car shows,  I  watch them all too.  I cant walk the car shows any more at my age,  Im 73 yrs old now.  In my younger days I rode a  lot of bikes too,  so did my brother,  mainly street bikes.  My brother was like your uncle,  a vette fan all the way.  I was a teen in the mid 50's and just got my license.  Living in So Cal,  it was the perfect  place for hot rods, bikes and girls.  Cars I wish I had not sold were a 1941 Merc coupe,  1950 Merc 2 door,  1955 Chevy convertible,  1956 Chevy hardtop, and a 1962 vette.  But we all live and learn the hard way. I am also a big fan of muscle cars,  I would love to have that new hellcat by Dodge.  The older chevelles' and cameros' are great looking cars too.  I also liked that Chevy ll.   I am too old to do restoration now,  hard to even turn a wrench.  So,  any cars I get now or later will have to be turn key cars.  Thanks for telling about your interest in cars and bikes,  I enjoyed hearing about it.  Good luck to you and your uncle in the motoring world,  I think we are a unique group of guys and gals. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.