Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is date used to age adverse items?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is date used to age adverse items?

What date is used by FICO to determine when the derogatory item became adverse?   For example, a bankruptcy is filed in July 07 and a credit card issuer closes the account that same month due to the bk.  The DOFD is July, correct?

Or can this date change if the creditor keeps reporting it each month and/or I dispute it and it comes back verified in, say, Sept 07.   

I signed up for the free 30 day trial for BofA Privacy Assist  last week and they say one of my larger negatives driving down my score is a recent derogatory item less than 1 month old.  Well, my bk is now 3 months old, but the last date reported on one TL is 9/07.

Is this what is causing this?  How can it be fixed?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is date used to age adverse items?

Gotta bump this.

Anyone?   Since they continue to report the derog each month, it appears to show that the most recent derog is  'less than 1 month old'
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes- DOFD

This is reported by the OC each time they change the status of the account.

Is this creditor just reporting slow?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now it says "9/07" for "Last Reported Date", even though the activity (bk) occurred in July.  Am I ok?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.