cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is effect of new credit lines on credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is effect of new credit lines on credit score?

About a month ago, I was approved for two cards.  BofA ($5,000) and Chase ($4,000).  So far, I have utilized $500 and $400 on each card, respectively--to maintain a 10% utilization rate.  The credit inquiries have already posted to at least one credit bureau but the credit limit approval and utilization information have not.  1) How long will it take for these to post and 2) what is the likely effect that these will have on my scores, if any?  Thanks!

Fico scores:

EQ: 678 (medical collection $265 paid off but still listed : (

TU: 727

EX: 764

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What is effect of new credit lines on credit score?

@Anonymous wrote:

About a month ago, I was approved for two cards.  BofA ($5,000) and Chase ($4,000).  So far, I have utilized $500 and $400 on each card, respectively--to maintain a 10% utilization rate.  The credit inquiries have already posted to at least one credit bureau but the credit limit approval and utilization information have not.  1) How long will it take for these to post and 2) what is the likely effect that these will have on my scores, if any?  Thanks!

Fico scores:

EQ: 678 (medical collection $265 paid off but still listed : (

TU: 727

EX: 764

Depends what else is in your file.

If you got a utilization bump then might be a positive; if you dropped meaningful AAOA you might get a small negative, and depending how the card reports (with or without balance at that time) you may gain or lose points on one of the secondary revolving utillization calculations (number of revolving tradelines with balances).

I think both BOFA and Chase historically report after first statement, but my recent Chase approval statement has an awkwardly long first statement cycle heh: darn near close to 2 months.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.