Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is my Utilization of Credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is my Utilization of Credit?

I writing in hopes that someone will be able to tell me what my utilization is. I have a target visa card with a 3200 credit line I have used 2458 of that. I have a bealls card with a 600 dollar limit I have a balance of 4 dollars on it. Then I have a Macys card with a credit line of 200 with a zero balance. What is my UTIL?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is my Utilization of Credit?

you are at around 76%.  You should be under 9%.

The Target card is almost maxed out.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

you are at around 76%.  You should be under 9%.

The Target card is almost maxed out.

So for FICO score purposes utilization is solely based on your maximum util card? Because the OP Target card is at 76% util but total util of all cards would be around 62%. Which one factors in?
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Total util is the main driver, but if some cards are nearly maxed, this can bite you, too.

Calculating your total util:

2458 + 4 + 0 = 2462

3200 + 600 + 200 = 4000

2462 / 4000 = 61.55% util, so yes, 62% total util.

Of course, 62% is still much too high. I'm assuming that the $4 balance on the Bealls slipped in --aim for having only one card (out of three) reporting a balance. hth
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.