cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is my bank using to determine my score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is my bank using to determine my score?

I have been busting my bottom to increase my credit score and I have had success with getting things deleted.  I need a score of 580 in order for my bank to approve me for a loan/  I have no idea which score they are using.  When they pulled my credit report/score in June 2017 my scores were:

Experian  565 Fair Isaac Score 2

Transunion  539 classic 04 score

Equifax 510 Beacon 5.0 Score

So can someone tell me which FICO score I need to look at to see where I actually stand today?  Score 8? Auto Score? Bankcard scores? Score 9? etc  HELP!!!!

Second question has anyone had any luck having State Tax liens removed due to the new law stating they must have 3 out of the 4 critieria met in order for the liens to be placed on your credit report?  I have disputed my liens and as of today I have not heard from any of the credit bureaus.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is my bank using to determine my score?

The three scores you mention are FICO's "mortgage" scores.  They are not the Auto Enhanced or BankCard Enhanced flavors of FICO.  Nor are they FICO 8 or FICO 9 (FICO's last two released families of models).  They are very old models used by the mortgage industry.

You say that you are trying to gey "my bank to approve me for a loan."  You don't mention what kind of a loan.  But I am guessing based on the above that it must be a home loan.  Can you confirm?

You can get your mortgage scores here at myFICO but they will cost you money each time you get them.  You may want to work with people here on how to improve your reports first before pulling them again (otherwise you may end up throwing a lot of money at buying scores without a lot of success).

What is your timeline for buying a house?

PS.  You may have a bit more luck with this thread being placed in the rebuilding forum, given your low scores, serious derogs, etc.  Of course folks here on this board will do what we can to advise you in the meantime.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a home loan. 

So your saying the $29 monthly fee I just paid to join myfico will not give me my scores for free?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

PS.  I notice that you also ask about tax lien removal.  Forum veteran Revelate appears to be going through that process himself recently.  He's a nice guy and worth talking to.  Here is his very recent thread posted in this board:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Equifax-tax-lien-removal-score-changes-no...

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like you have purchased the myFICO Ultimate 3B product:

https://www1.myfico.com/products/fico-credit-monitoring

You'll see in the product description that it starts by giving you a big 3B report with a lot of scores.  The product description then explains that you'll get a new report and scores every 90 days (each "quarter") with more frequent updates of the FICO 8 score.  (As I mentioned, the mortgage scores are not FICO 8.)

You'll find the mortgage scores conveniently grouped together in that report and labeled something like Mortgage Scores.

Your subscription costs $30 per month and only gives you mortgage scores every 90 days -- thus a reasonable way to look at it is that you are paying $90 to pull your mortgage scores once every 90 days.  That's why I said it costs money.

If a person was not looking to buy a home (i.e. didn't care about mortgage scores) he'd be able to get his FICO 8 scores for free or at almost no cost.  That's one reason I contrast the substantial cost associated with getting mortgage scores compared to other kinds.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So are you saying my mortgage scores will not be updated but every 90 days?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So are you saying my mortgage scores will not be updated but every 90 days?

yes

Message 7 of 8
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

You can get a three-bureau report and all the scores any time you want if you're willing to spend a little under $50. That's the approximately $60 price for a one-time pull with a 20% discount for being a subscriber. Because it isn't cheap, you only want to go this route when it provides you a lot of value.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.