Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to boost my scores

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

What is the best way to boost my scores

It will take next 6-12 months for the new accounts and inquires age and drop their effect on the scores. In the mean time, I want to work on getting some baddies out of my reports. What is the best way to accomplish this?

What should be my focus among these items?

1. I have some lates. I'll start GW letters.

2. I have 2 paid collections. I'll contact Comcast and see if they can help me to get this baddie out.

3. I have some credit card charge/settlements.  I have couple of CapOne's Reporting. I settled with them earlier. Should I offer to pay them more money on the settled accounts if they were to remove the complete negative informaton?

4. I paid student loan in full Feb 08. But it keeps reporting on my CR as 120 day lates until Nov 09. I tried contacting both Creditor and EQ. I could not make much progress. I am thinking of contacting US DOE and seeif they can help.

What items should I focus first in getting these baddies removed?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What is the best way to boost my scores

In FICO scoring, "recency" and "severity" reign supreme when it comes to baddies. What is your most recent and severe baddie? NOT apping will help you too, but I'm sure you know this.Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.