Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What 'myFICO' package should I order

tag
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

What 'myFICO' package should I order

I have been using the forums with a free registered account for a couple of weeks now and am very pleased with the information provided here as well as the input from moderators and users.

I am ready to purchase a package with myFICO and am curious which package or packages.

For example - do I need to buy the standard package if I buy the Suze package? and do I need either packages if I buy both FICO scores and monitoring?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What 'myFICO' package should I order

@natasjlp wrote:

I have been using the forums with a free registered account for a couple of weeks now and am very pleased with the information provided here as well as the input from moderators and users.

I am ready to purchase a package with myFICO and am curious which package or packages.

For example - do I need to buy the standard package if I buy the Suze package? and do I need either packages if I buy both FICO scores and monitoring?

If you buy the suze package you basically get 3 standard packages, if you buy score watch you get 2 standard reports from Equifax per year + alerts when ever your score changes, If you buy quarterly monitoring you get 4 standard reports from TransUnion per year once every 3 months.

Message 2 of 8
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

right, but I think if you buy the Suze package I think you get better tools and advice you don't get than if you were to purchase 3 standards.

And I think there is a different info you get from the score watchers than you get from either standard or the Suze.

I am thinking about getting both score monitors and the Suze at the same time. This I think would make getting the standard obsolete.

Is there an advantage to getting those 3 packages as opposed to just the monitoring packages other than extra scores and reports?

Message 3 of 8
brother7
Established Contributor

I was in the same position as you.  I opted to purchase Score Watch and Quarterly Monitoring.  With both of these products, I have access to the 2 scores available to the consumer, EQ and TU.

I like Score Watch because it monitors continuously.  If my EQ score ever changes, I get email and text message notification immediately.  And I prefer Quarterly Monitoring over Suze Orman's product because it gives me 1 more report.  

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 4 of 8
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

fair enough - I just ordered the free trial score watch for EQ and the Quarter monitoring for TU.

Who has experience with the Suze package - is there an advantage to getting that on top of the 2 monitoring services I just bought or should I just stick with these 2?

By the way - I had noooo idea I was part of the 700 club!!! yeeha!! I thought for sure I was in the dumper!

just barely but hey - feeling pretty elated right now: EQ: 701 TU: 690 EX: ??? (jerks)

TU only 690 but both reports are still showing a collection that I paid off about 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know how long it takes for a paid collection to show? - and I have 2 relatively new accounts which should be maturing soon and another that the amount is going down.

Happy days are here again - going to get pre-approved in the next month! thanks myFICO! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 8
brother7
Established Contributor

@natasjlp wrote:

Who has experience with the Suze package - is there an advantage to getting that on top of the 2 monitoring services I just bought or should I just stick with these 2?

I don't have experience with the Suze Orman product, but from the comparison chart, the only advantage I see are the personalized features (advice on home/car buying, how to get out of credit card debt).

IMO, it's not worth it, as I believe you can do a better job by reading the myFICO forums.  I think the advice given in the forum is better because it's from people in the same position who are doing this day in and day out, sharing what works and what doesn't in the real world.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 6 of 8
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

@natasjlp wrote:

TU only 690 but both reports are still showing a collection that I paid off about 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know how long it takes for a paid collection to show?

a paid collection will not increase your FICO score unless it is deleted or late payments are removed.

a paid collection does look better on your CR's though. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 7 of 8
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

yeah - I just figured that out - wish i had researched before I paid it off... I would have haggled for a PFD!

not sure what to do now - call and/or write a GW to try and get it removed... arrrggg...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.