Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the EX difference: USAA & Fico

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

What's the EX difference: USAA & Fico

I know that EX scores are availible to consumers via very few resources. I also know that USAA is a very reputable, but ony gives fako scores.

Soooo...

For those of you who have or have had access to both scores (USAA EX fako and EX FICO), what has been the difference in numbers?

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What's the EX difference: USAA & Fico

Remove USAA from the equation because they don't provide the scores. It's Experian's CMS that is resold to USAA that provides the PLUS FAKO. If you go to freecreditreport.com, freecreditscore.com, creditreport.com, Amex's creditsecure, and many others, you'd see the exact same score if pulled the same day.

Back in the day when we could pull our EX FICO from here, I found that sometimes my FICO was higher than the PLUS by as much as 70 points and sometimes my EX FICO was lower by 30-40 points. The last time I compared was via a tri-merge report in December and my FICO was lower by 20.

Message 2 of 5
pakman92
Established Contributor

@MontegoMack wrote:

I know that EX scores are availible to consumers via very few resources. I also know that USAA is a very reputable, but ony gives fako scores.

Soooo...

For those of you who have or have had access to both scores (USAA EX fako and EX FICO), what has been the difference in numbers?

I thas nothing to do with the reputability of USAA or anything else.  all monitoring services and the FAKOs are resold by various institutions.  But, at the end of the day it's comes from experian, TU or EQ.  There are all selling FAKOs.  EX sells PLUS score, TU sells Vantage scores (or TransRisk scores), EQ sells 'i don't know what.'

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 3 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

@MontegoMack wrote:

Sadly, trying to gain intel on your EX FICO score from an EX FAKO score won't get you anywhere but frustrated.

Hope that it is lower then your true EX FICO score, hope that it is never close to or higher then your EX FICO score.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 5
drkaje
Senior Contributor

My actual ex was 20 points higher than USAA's version but the scores don't track well.

The EQ scores stay within a few points of each other.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.