cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best deal on all 3 Credit Reports plus FICO scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the best deal on all 3 Credit Reports plus FICO scores?

The Subject says it all.  With so many companies offering 'free' credit reports and scores, many during a trial period that I have to remember to cancel (assuming I can figure out how, even if I do remember), what's the best deal on getting all 3 credit reports and scores?  I recently had a collection removed, which should get me back up around 800.  I'd like to verify that and also keep an eye out for other problems moving forward.  Suggestions?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: What's the best deal on all 3 Credit Reports plus FICO scores?

There are none. Smiley Tongue

NO 3-in-1 report service offers FICO scores. Even Equifax's 3-in-1 service now has FAKO EQ scores in addition to the other two.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair enough.  Then what's the 'best' deal on simply getting the three credit reports without the FICO score?

Message 3 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Fair enough.  Then what's the 'best' deal on simply getting the three credit reports without the FICO score?

How frequently would you like to see new reports? Daily? Monthly? Quarterly? Annually? Services offer reports on a frequency-basis. If annually, nothing beats the free reports from annualcreditreport.com.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

"How frequently would you like to see new reports?

As I said, a CA recently agreed to remove an account from my report, so I'm real itchy to keep an eye on it.  Daily would be great, but if Monthly is significantly cheaper, that would probably be good enough.  Frankly, the once a year thing just isn't doing it for me.  

Message 5 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

"How frequently would you like to see new reports?

As I said, a CA recently agreed to remove an account from my report, so I'm real itchy to keep an eye on it.  Daily would be great, but if Monthly is significantly cheaper, that would probably be good enough.  Frankly, the once a year thing just isn't doing it for me.  

Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

For daily, your options are extremely limited. The only product that allows for daily pulls on all 3 CRAs is creditchecktotal. CCT also resells to other lenders like USAA, so check that out too if you want to save a few bucks. Links are included above. BTW, ignore the scores as they are nowhere near related to a FICO score and ignore the advice too as that is typically offcourse to a FICO score.

If monthly, then you have other options. These services seem to be changing all the time so read their T&C before signing up., if you do.

Message 6 of 12
smallfry
Senior Contributor

You can see your reports frequently enuf but since this is FICO I won't go into it. Assuming your reports are similar and we can't see EX scores here anymore I would say that since TU is an ancient and not even a mortgage score to begin with that viewing your Equifax score through a discounted price is the way to go. I pay 7 bucks a month for EQ Score Watch.

Message 7 of 12
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

llecs, that reminds me, because I seem to remember your wife subscribes to Equifax Complete. How can you be sure EQ is monitoring TU and EX? Do you have an image you can show us of an alert for TU or EX that didn't pertain to EQ? Like say a TU only inquiry.

Message 8 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

llecs, that reminds me, because I seem to remember your wife subscribes to Equifax Complete. How can you be sure EQ is monitoring TU and EX? Do you have an image you can show us of an alert for TU or EX that didn't pertain to EQ? Like say a TU only inquiry.

Yep, DW subscribes to CCT and Equifax Complete. It monitors and alerts for all 3. In fact, DW and I pulled the mortgage trigger yesterday and already have alerts on all 3 showing via Equifax Complete. Now it appears the alerts for TU and EX are limited. She hasn't had much going on to be alerted over, but she did get an inquiry alert for each. It certainly doesn't alert you to the balance changes like it does on EQ.

Alert Credit Complete.jpg

Message 9 of 12
marty56
Super Contributor

True Credit is $10 a month.  They provide Vantage scores which are actually used by a very small number of creditors.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.