New Contributor
I_SUFFER_FROM_FICO_ENVY

What's the point of a SOFT PULL if..........

....they cant grant a CLI?

Every 3 months, I have CC companies doing a SOFT PULL on my reports.  Yet, if I requsst a CLI, Im told they need to do a HARD PULL.

So what information do they gather in a SOFT PULL?  And, if it doesnt give them a recent snapshot of my credit profile, then WHY PRAY TELL do it?????

guiness56

Re: What's the point of a SOFT PULL if..........

A soft inquiry from an existing creditor for AR (Account Review) sees everything except other soft inquiries. That information is scorable.

A soft inquiry for promotional purposes is different. They don't normally look at a report. They simply pay the CRA to give them a file with names and addresses of potential customers that meet their set of requirements. It may have some additional info.

New Contributor
I_SUFFER_FROM_FICO_ENVY

That makes no sense.  If they do a SOFT PULL (Under AR), then why cant they use that for a CLI?

Thats my point?  Why "review" my file?

guiness56

[ Edited ]

Technically they can.  It would be their choice for a HP.

Some use a SP,  some a HP.

There are different codes for HP and if they actually extend credit, such as a CLI, they are probably using that code.

New Visitor
bradlin

This is why:

"Hello, we need to let all of our banker buddies know that you requested more credit from us." 

Valued Contributor
AndySoCal

A  hard pull is for the pursuit of new credit like a CLI and soft pull is for credit pulls that are for the pursuit of new credit like an account review or a consumer pulling their own credit report.

Equifax My FICO score 815 5/28/2012, 818 on 7/28/2014 . Average of Accounts 12 years and no Installment accounts. MyFICO TU 810 6/26/2012 809 4/21/2013 MyFICO XPN -805. 2/26/2014 Discover TU FICO 813 App free since 9/2011
Frequent Contributor
buildafico

maybe they're not viewing reports for CLIs, maybe they're reviewing for changes. Especially new customers.

some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}