Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's up with Ex??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's up with Ex??

Have a look at the scores below.  I can't for the life of me understand why both mine and DW's scores for Ex would drop, when the other two jumped big time.  All relevant information is the same for both the December and March reports, except # of accounts with balances has gone DOWN from 8 to 4 and revolving accounts balances went DOWN from about $17,000 to $9,500.  No new inquiries, no new accounts, no baddies, etc.  In both of my reports, it says "You've made heavy use of your available revolving credit."  True, but it has gone down by $7,500 since last report.  Don't get it.

Anyone know of anything I'm not considering?  Thanks.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: What's up with Ex??

Well, EX hates me because it thinks my HELOC is a CC.  That screws up my util %
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EX score was 839 from May through December, 2007.  In January of this year, my EX score dropped 8 points to 831.  Like you, my amount of revolving debt decreased,  I had no new inquiries, accounts, etc.  However, I didn't have any comments about factors that were hurting my score.  I have no idea why my EX score dropped 8 points.

Message Edited by psychic on 03-03-2008 10:34 AM
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

psychic wrote:
My EX score was 839 from May through December, 2007.  In January of this year, my EX score dropped 8 points to 831.  Like you, my amount of revolving debt decreased,  I had no new inquiries, accounts, etc.  However, I didn't have any comments about factors that were hurting my score.  I have no idea why my EX score dropped 8 points.

Message Edited by psychic on 03-03-2008 10:34 AM

Unfortunatley the answer is, because they can.
   Or could be a new bucket, but doubtful at 831

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I thought about the bucket thing, too.  That's the only explanation I can think of for my own situation anyway.  Who knows.  Just shows that I may never really understand.  Oh well.  Thanks for the replies from everyone.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just keep your score above 760 and none of this other talk even matters.........Once you get above 760, it is only 2 things:

1) Maintaining the score above that level
2) Ego / hobby

At that point, all you need to do is this:   Pay the bills on time, no baddies, keep your UTL below 30% and keep the old cards open (to be over 800, you must have tradelines over 20 and probably over 30 years old........). 

The rest of us will just strive to get there some day.   Will be after 2017 for me with the BK public record in tow.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boscoe wrote:
Just keep your score above 760 and none of this other talk even matters.........Once you get above 760, it is only 2 things:

1) Maintaining the score above that level
2) Ego / hobby

At that point, all you need to do is this:   Pay the bills on time, no baddies, keep your UTL below 30% and keep the old cards open (to be over 800, you must have tradelines over 20 and probably over 30 years old........). 

The rest of us will just strive to get there some day.   Will be after 2017 for me with the BK public record in tow.

I'd say get your score to 800 and you can add:

3) The ability to take advantage of 0% offers by maxing out a card and still managing to stay above the aforementioned 760.

Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.