Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's up with Experian?

tag
Madison
Regular Contributor

What's up with Experian?

Back in late May, Experian gave me my highest credit score. Experian was 607 now it is 609. TransUnion has gone from 543 to 639 and Equifax has gone from 569 to 623 during the same period.....I don't get it....What is wrong with Experian?

Message Edited by Madison on 11-04-2007 06:39 AM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: What's up with Experian?

@Madison wrote:
Back in late May, Experian gave me my highest credit score. Experian was 607 now it is 609. TransUnion has gone from 543 to 639 and Equifax has gone from 569 to 623 during the same period.....I don't get it....What is wrong with Experian?

The higher the score is relative to the others, the lower amount it seems to change. (and these are all FICO's, right?)

Do you have many inqs? EX seems to penalize inqs, as EQ seems to penalize lates. To a greater degree than do the others, I mean--Lord knows, they all penalize!

edit: We're assuming here that the reports are identical, and that nothing is on OR missing from EX compared to the other two.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 11-04-2007 07:06 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 7
CreditBob
Established Contributor

My Equifax fico score is about 40 points less becasuse 1 creditor is not reporting to them. Not all creditors will report to all 3 credit bureaus.
Message 3 of 7
Madison
Regular Contributor

I got the original Experian score from MyFico, I got the updated Experian score from TrueCredit...someone mentioned in another post that TrueCredit reports FAKO scores and MyFico reports FICO scores....could that be the reason?
Message 4 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Yup. There's not the slightest relationship between them. That was probably me in the other post! Smiley Very Happy I'm the one who's always going on about not even looking at FAKO's because all they do is confuse you.

Your real EX might well be higher, depending on what else is going on with your reports.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 7
Madison
Regular Contributor

Thanks...I was wondering why the other two jumped up and the Experian went up only a couple of points...What is FAKO and who uses it?

Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

FAKO is just the local slang for non-FICO's --doesn't stand for anything; it's just a pun on "fake FICO's." The three CRA's did get together and created something called Vantage scores, which seems to be their attempt to go into competition against FairIsaac and FICO scores. They've been marketing it to lenders. I don't know if anyone uses them (yet.)

That's one type of FAKO. Then there are others that seem to pop up like mushrooms after a spring rain. Their main purpose seem to be separating consumers from their money, IMO. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.