Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do?

tag
Goose7
Valued Member

What should I do?

I had my secured credit card with a $300 limit in the 80% utilization rate for a few months now. And since coming to the forums I've realized that I have to pay off this card ASAP to get my utilization lowered, but now my dilemma is should I pay off my balance now or pay it down to around $10 balance and pay it off the next?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: What should I do?

@Goose7 wrote:

I had my secured credit card with a $300 limit in the 80% utilization rate for a few months now. And since coming to the forums I've realized that I have to pay off this card ASAP to get my utilization lowered, but now my dilemma is should I pay off my balance now or pay it down to around $10 balance and pay it off the next month or should I pay it all off today?

I would suggest you leave a few dollars on it... $5-$10 and let that report. IF you are trying to raise your score right away.

Your FICO score has no memory of your UTL so it does not matter that you are at 80% unless you are planning to submit an app for something.

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 4
Goose7
Valued Member

Allright, I think I'm going to do that. Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
dodfire
Valued Contributor

No Problem.....there are a lot of people here to help if you ever have any questions. 

*8/10/13
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.