cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I expect + or - on my next few months score from new TL's?

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

What should I expect + or - on my next few months score from new TL's?

My AAoA's is 10 years. I have added two new TL's

The CL will bring my util down from 20 to 13%

My HP's will now total 1 TU and 3 (? I think) EX for the new lines.

Since I don't really have many HP's not sure if the decrease in util will end up helping my scores, or the HP and the two new TL's lowering my AAoA will decrease....not sure what I should expect in short term.

Any thoughts?

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: What should I expect + or - on my next few months score from new TL's?

We really can't tell you that you'll gain or lose X points.  Even with the info provided results can vary depending on the other factors also at play.  Best we can offer is this:

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

Biggest slices are Payment History at 35% and Utilization at 30%.  AAoA is 15%.  HP's generally have less impact for thicker credit profiles.

Message 2 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

At a SWAG: if your AAOA changed across some boundary (what's your new AAOA vs your old 10 year one?) then you'll be down: 20 to 13% aggregate utilization doesn't move many people scorewise.  

So, flat, or down would be my guess at any rate.

        
Message 3 of 5
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

My Barclay SM card reported today.  I gained 6 points. Thought I would share for others....

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 4 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

My Barclay SM card reported today.  I gained 6 points. Thought I would share for others....

Check the reporting date on Barclay they've been known to first report  the year (1969) and correct it the second month which gives a high AAoA for a month which results in a increase in scores. Then the next month....well you get the ideaSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.