cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What time of month do CRAs drop off old negs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What time of month do CRAs drop off old negs?

Hi all,

I currently have three valid baddies on my EX CR, and two on TU and EQ--although the DOLA is listed differently across all three CRAs on my FICO reports (some list DOLA, some say Date of Last Payment, time on all is different).  When I pulled my EX FAKO report directly from their website, I got a clearer picture--it actually states "This account is scheduled to continue on record until Jan 2008," "...Apr 2008."  My question is, at which point in the month can I generally expect them to go OFF record?  I checked FICO today, and it's still on EX, but EQ has already dropped. 

Also, there is a fourth baddie on my EX fell off of TU and EQ last year, although EX states it is scheduled to continue on record untiL Dec 2009.  What are my changes of having EX remove the baddie by stating the debt is past the statute of limitations?  I had a verbal agreement to pay the remaining $800 balance to my college in $25/mo inquiries back in May of 2000.  I *thought* my parents were taking care of this, but apparently there was no payment ever made.  (All letters and such went to my parents' house, although it was after I moved out, so I had no idea until I started checking my credit last year.)  I have zero problem paying the debt, but I do not want it to go back onto my reports.  What is my best course of action?  A PFD request?  What if they say no and the debt goes back onto all CRs?  This is the only reason why I haven't paid it as of yet.

TIA....

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Re: What time of month do CRAs drop off old negs?

I just had one drop off eq yesterday (fri 1/4/08). Was sceduled to drop off all 3 in jan 2008. Now I'm just waiting for ex and tu to update.Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian and equifax usually schedule their during the first day of the month (this has been my experience) TU does it when it feels like it.  I had an old account that had a fall off date for  March 08 when I checked my report in September it was still there on TU, they had given it a new fall of date, so I disputed it and it came off.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean March of 07
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to hijack this thread, but how do you know when they're supposed to fall off? I've heard 5 years, 6 years, 7 years and 10 years. Which is it? Does myFICO.com show you when they're "Scheduled" to drop off?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

7 years past DOFD for negative accounts

Tax liens and ch7 BK's are 10 years.

intargc wrote:
Not to hijack this thread, but how do you know when they're supposed to fall off? I've heard 5 years, 6 years, 7 years and 10 years. Which is it? Does myFICO.com show you when they're "Scheduled" to drop off?

Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I had two CC's hit their one-year birthdays in December. I got the credit for the accounts getting older on December 1, and I saw the inqs fall off on the actual anniversaries of the inqs/ applications. Weird, huh?

edit: grammar, tsk tsk

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 01-09-2008 06:29 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.