cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do if creditor does not report every month?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do if creditor does not report every month?

I am trying to rebuild my credit and have been faithful with my payments on a new car loan.

I have read elsewhere on this forum that you begin to see the benefits of on time payment ast about 6 months. Well; I have noticed on my credit report that my creditor has not reported again since 3 months ago; now that I am bout 6 months into the loan.

My tradeline reads "pay as agreed" but below only show the 3 months reported by creditor (have been paying as agreed for 6 months).

Is this failure to report every month robbing me of the little bump in score I should be seeing? Is ther anything I can do to pursuaded them to go in and update my file?

Thanks in advance for your help>

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kisbel65
New Contributor

Re: What to do if creditor does not report every month?

I am having the same problem with one of my creditors. I would assume that this creditor is robbing you of a better score because pmt history is part of the score. I am still a novice at this, so I, as well would also like an answer from someone on this board.

Message 2 of 5
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

I've personally never had this happen, but I think the first step I would make would be to call the creditor. I'd ask them why they are not reporting. If they claim that they are, then work through it with them to see if they are reporting correctly...right name, SS#, etc.

I don't think asking the CRAs about this or disputing that the trade line isn't showing will do any good. All the CRAs can do is report what is first reported to them.

Start at the source...

Message 3 of 5
laz98
Senior Contributor

i think lynette has awesome advice.  find out why the creditor isn't reporting first.  could be a clerical error or an oversight.  give them a chance to correct their error.
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I know of no legal basis that requires a creditor to report monthly.  It costs them money to report.

They are required to report accurately, but not under any fixed schedule.

Their failure to report monthly is probably having no negative impact.

The account has been reported as open, so is aging regardless of monthly payment history updates.  It is continuing to improve your AAoA.

FICO does not specifically reward you for doing what is expected, i.e., paying on time.  It dings you when you dont.  It is a risk analysis.

I dont see any negative impact.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.