jhigh

What to do when a misreported baddie doesn't get addressed?

I have a hit on my report from AmEx for $38 that they charged off. (When I graduated, I requested they transfer the debt to another card and close the account. I think it was a fee or something. Then I moved.) I disputed the hit with AmEx and I haven't heard from them for over 30 days. What do I do now? Write the CRAs and send a copy of the letter? Wait longer? Send another letter to AmEx? Any advice would be fantastic. Thank you!
Frequent Contributor
Lori344

Re: What to do when a misreported baddie doesn't get addressed?

Call Amex, they are reasonable people. Ask if a PFD is feasible. If not, DV them explaining your original agreement.
jhigh

Lori, Thanks for your reply. I actually paid the stupid $38 first thing. Then I tried to call them, but there is no phone number. . . just an address in Florida. I couldn't find the number doing any kind of reverse search that I know of. So, I sent them a nice letter stating that I had paid the $38, that I thought it was their fault and not mine and why. Its been over 30 days, and I am under the impression that if 30 days goes by with no response, that I get the hit taken off my report. Is that right? If so, how do I go about getting that changed if AmEx will not voluntarily do it? I think the best thing to do will be to send them a letter stating that their 30 days is up and they haven't responded. . . any other ideas? Thanks and have a good weekend!
Frequent Contributor
Lori344

Yes, that is correct if they do not respond to a dispute to from the CRA's or a DV from you. If it was more of a GW letter, then it's up to them if they wanna play nice.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}