cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do when a misreported baddie doesn't get addressed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What to do when a misreported baddie doesn't get addressed?

I have a hit on my report from AmEx for $38 that they charged off. (When I graduated, I requested they transfer the debt to another card and close the account. I think it was a fee or something. Then I moved.) I disputed the hit with AmEx and I haven't heard from them for over 30 days. What do I do now? Write the CRAs and send a copy of the letter? Wait longer? Send another letter to AmEx? Any advice would be fantastic. Thank you!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What to do when a misreported baddie doesn't get addressed?

Call Amex, they are reasonable people. Ask if a PFD is feasible. If not, DV them explaining your original agreement.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lori, Thanks for your reply. I actually paid the stupid $38 first thing. Then I tried to call them, but there is no phone number. . . just an address in Florida. I couldn't find the number doing any kind of reverse search that I know of. So, I sent them a nice letter stating that I had paid the $38, that I thought it was their fault and not mine and why. Its been over 30 days, and I am under the impression that if 30 days goes by with no response, that I get the hit taken off my report. Is that right? If so, how do I go about getting that changed if AmEx will not voluntarily do it? I think the best thing to do will be to send them a letter stating that their 30 days is up and they haven't responded. . . any other ideas? Thanks and have a good weekend!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that is correct if they do not respond to a dispute to from the CRA's or a DV from you. If it was more of a GW letter, then it's up to them if they wanna play nice.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.