Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will get me from 624 to 640 - now at 630 FINAL: 653

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: What will get me from 624 to 640?

Thanks everyone -  Mattie:  They are MEDICAL collections in which I was NOT the insurer, nor did I sign a financial agreement.  Do you think that would apply in this case?

I got a hold of the credit union today and they had me fax them my credit reports (Didn't waste my 20 bucks on TU after all) and they will get the info reported to the bureaus today.  I know I still need to pay off more cards so less report a balance, but my utilization will be about 13%.  And it should help AAOA. 

I know some say that a high limit gives more points (500 vs 5000) but others say it's only the utilization that matters, regardless of credit limit.

I guess and hope we will see soon - and I will report back.  I will also report what my TU04 score is vs the TU98.

Any other advice/feedback is surely welcomed!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 11 of 103
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Booner72 wrote:

Thanks everyone -  Mattie:  They are MEDICAL collections in which I was NOT the insurer, nor did I sign a financial agreement.  Do you think that would apply in this case?

I got a hold of the credit union today and they had me fax them my credit reports (Didn't waste my 20 bucks on TU after all) and they will get the info reported to the bureaus today.  I know I still need to pay off more cards so less report a balance, but my utilization will be about 13%.  Great!  13% should definitely help.  And are you paying down the cards in a manner that more cards are reporting a zero balance?  If you balance your payments so that some cards are at zero (the more the better) it'll help even more.

And it should help AAOA.   Whoops - I'm lost.  What activity is helping your AAofA?  Oh - maybe you are referring to the AU card here?

I know some say that a high limit gives more points (500 vs 5000) but others say it's only the utilization that matters, regardless of credit limit.  Just in case anyone else is reading this thread - let me clarify.    FAKO sites sometimes mention low CL's as factors.  They are not FICO factors - as far as FICO is concerned a $500 CL is as valuable as a $5000 CL - its utilization that counts.  Really hate to have folks start getting confused on this.

I guess and hope we will see soon - and I will report back.  I will also report what my TU04 score is vs the TU98.   Just be sure they are pulled the same day.

Any other advice/feedback is surely welcomed!

We're all pulling for ya! 

Message 12 of 103
Booner72
Senior Contributor

AGH!!  The credit union lady says the credit bureau systems  won't let her report the AU  Visa account because she is trying to put it in just as I was effective 6/27/11 - she says I shouldn't get the entire account  of my dad's since 1994 -  I told her DUH!  That's why I'm going on his account in the first place.  So she says she has to call me back.  I hope she figures this one out fast.

Also, NO WONDER I never paid my stinkin medical bills.  I just sat on the phone for over 20 minutes to pay $8.35 --- STUPID STUPID STUPID.  I have no patience.

UPDATE:  Had yelling match (for real) with the CU lady.  Luckily we "made up" by the end of the call - I wouldn't tell her supervisor/she wont  my credit by doing inquiry.  It seems that the CU is unwilling and/or unable to report the info to my credit reports.  O well.  Utilization will be low soon enough and my AAoA is 6-7 years depending on the report you look at.

My biggest worry now is NOT SPENDING the 12K we will have sitting in the checking account before we need it for the house - which could be forever since this short sale is a . 

Message 13 of 103
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you've had a crummy day.  Smiley Sad

Those magic words on the home page:

Please remember to be friendly, supportive and respectful!

work well off the boards as well as on. 

I have to admit to feeling like having yelling matches on occasion myself, especially if I can't have what I want.  But it usually backfires.  Unfortunately, we've all spent 20 minutes on the phone trying to do the right thing.  This week I spent almost two hours with Verizon just trying to undo some silly damage they've done.  Very frustrating.  I'm happy to say the Verizon supervisor and I are pretty good friends, and I hope I got nicely with the CSR I spoke to before escalating to the supervisor.

I truly wish you the very best as you keep working your way forward on this.  As Suze Orman says (I'm misquoting for sure - I don't actually watch her very often - but it's something like "People First, then Money, then Things."  That's helped me keep a perspective on a few over-the-top occasions.

For me, I try to remember that I'm responsible for a good part of the messes I find myself in, and sometimes folks can help me be in a better place than I might deserve to be.   Even if the last step may have been messed up or delayed by someone else, I've often been responsible for messing up other steps that have lead up to the current issue. 

And Booner, you'll do great on the 12K spending issue.  After all, you and only you are in complete control on that one.  Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 103
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Hi Beam - Yes I know that this is entirely my fault.  I got myself into this mess and it's definitely a hard climb out.  Thanks to MYFICO for providing a supportive and nonjudgmental forum for me to vent my frustrations, and to get great feedback and advice and info.  I believe I have earned a Master's Degree in Credit Scoring in the last weeks - Shooting for my Ph.D.

MYFICO ROCKS

Message 15 of 103
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Hello - drama continues to play out - still waiting for the bank to accept offer.

in the meantime, isn't there some way that my lender can pull a TU98 version rather than the TU04?  Maybe I should just find a lender that uses the 98 model, then I have nothing to worry about as my middle score will be 661.  Oh the complications.

Message 16 of 103
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I just picked up the phone to call my husband and tell him we have to find a new house.  This  short sale is making me tooo crazy.  At that exact moment an email came in from the realtor that the appraisal is back and they are "fine with it".  Now going to the investor for a letter.  (whatever that means).

If that isn't a sign from heaven itself, I don't know what is!

Any thoughts on finding a lender that uses TU98??  Saying those words, though, is foreign to anyone who doesn't read MYFICO religiously.  How would I even do that?

Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 103
Booner72
Senior Contributor

So 3/4 of my revolving accounts are zero'd out.  I have 497 left on a 1000 dollar carecredit.  i have the money to pay.  I know 1-9%.

If it was you, what percent would you pick and why?  I know about the "sweet spots" - I get one shot at this.  If you have any thoughts I'd love to hear them.

Message 18 of 103
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Unless your reports are completely and absolutely squeaky clean, I don't think that you'll see any difference, as long as it truly is 9%, as in 9.00000000000%, not 9.000000000001%. That's exaggerating, I guess, but do remember that the scoring formula rounds up. Maybe shoot for 5%.

I don't see any difference in scores when my util stays under 9%, as long as it's only one card reporting a balance. I do shoot for much lower, unless I have a 0% BT going like I do now, because it's just plain simpler.

eta: --but to keep yourself from the agonies of second-guessing, why not just let $10 report, and then pay it off? Unless the card has a CL of $100 or something, that will ensure very low reported util.

Be braced for posts saying that someone's scores were higher with 4% util than 1%, etc. Maybe so, but there's a good chance that there was something else going on as well. I've never seen a scoring factor that would favor slightly higher util. Check the list of score factors stickied at the top of this board if you want to know what each report goes looking for. And they're NOT in order of importance.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 19 of 103
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might i suggest something?  Check your scores with the CU.  I did a check on my scores during a "credit managment" review and my scores were 30-40 points higher with the lender pull then myfico pull.  myfico showed 638 and 622, lender pull showed 677 and 661 (690 experian too)

Message 20 of 103
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.