Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would be a good and proven resource for improving my FICO scores

tag
New Visitor
New Visitor

What would be a good and proven resource for improving my FICO scores

Would anyone know of a good and proven resource for improving my FICO scores and how long would it take to improve it and how much would it cost?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: What would be a good and proven resource for improving my FICO scores

If you follow the advice in these forums, it won't cost you anything.

You asked how long it will take.  That depends a lot on what's on your report.  For example, if you have derogatories, it may take some time to remove them or wait for them to drop off.

Other big factors like utilization can be fixed in a month or two, if you have the money to pay off your CCs.

Message 2 of 4
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@56 wrote:

Would anyone know of a good and proven resource for improving my FICO scores and how long would it take to improve it and how much would it cost?

This forum is the best source you can find in my opinion. The cost is nothing but time. Post your credit profile in the "Rebuilding your Credit" sub forum. List your accounts, positive, and negative, and if you can post who exactly is on your report (not the account numbers, or identifying information but post for example "Original Creditor is Verizon, Account is currently owned my Midland Management in the amount of X) List the dates that the accounts went into collections as well.

If you're comfortable include the state you reside in. (that helps with SoL inquiries and possible things your state may allow or disallow)

If you know your scores, post those. If you don't know what is on your credit report, you can get one free credit report from Transunion, Equifax and Experian once per year at www.annualcreditreport.com

You can also use sites such as creditkarma.com, credit.com, creditsesame.com, quizzle etc to get an idea of what is on your reports, account ages, positive items, negative items, inquiries, etc (the scores themselves are crap, but the rest of the information is very helpful.)

Welcome to this forum though! I hope we can help!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 3 of 4
GFer
Valued Contributor

So many folks willing to help... So much wisdom...Right site...Little info bestilled by you. Your question is way too general. Post what you're are willing to share without disclosiing personal info, of course. I've taken my score form the 400's to the 800's with the help of those from myfico.com!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.