cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would cause a 60 point drop in 1 month?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What would cause a 60 point drop in 1 month?

First, don't ever listen to a "Score Predictor" as they are all junk.

Second, always pay off any loans (if you can) that you are paying interest on.  As suggested in the other thread you started, employ the SSL technique a month or so prior to paying off your auto loan and your score will remain unchanged when you pay off the auto loan.

Message 41 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

First, don't ever listen to a "Score Predictor" as they are all junk.

Second, always pay off any loans (if you can) that you are paying interest on.  As suggested in the other thread you started, employ the SSL technique a month or so prior to paying off your auto loan and your score will remain unchanged when you pay off the auto loan.

It turns out I am NOT  a good candidate for the SSL technique - I have numerous Paid Satisfactory TLs in my credit file, so one more will have little effect. It's the scoring of FICO - one "aw **bleep**" wipes out all "attaboys".

Message 42 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It turns out I am NOT  a good candidate for the SSL technique - I have numerous Paid Satisfactory TLs in my credit file, so one more will have little effect. It's the scoring of FICO - one "aw **bleep**" wipes out all "attaboys".

Paid Satisfactory TLs have nothing to do with the purpose of the SSL technique. 

In order to maximize your score, you need to have an open but significantly paid down installment loan on your credit reports.  If one is about to pay off their only installment loan, getting the SSL in place prior is a smart move as it will already be in place and reported at the time your older loan is paid off.  This prevents the typical 25-30 point drop that so many experience when paying off their final installment loan.   

Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.