Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What???

tag
maygirl
Contributor

What???

OK I got a score watch alert that my score had gone above my settings to a 607 I was soooo excited because there are some things that need to hit my report so I wanted to see what happened. I ordered my score power report literally 1 hour after getting the alert and my score was a 596!!!!!!!!!!! How does that happen??? Anyone with experience with this? I need my score to be over 600 in order to get my mortgage preaproval!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
howiez28
New Contributor

Re: What???

I wish I knew.  I had a similar experience earlier this week.  My score dropped from 633 to 590 and I have no idea why.  We are also in the process of trying to get a mortgage approved.

Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What???

Your FICO score can literally change daily if you have stuff happening daily. SW score alerts result in your target score being met or surpassed and the monitoring of that score (assuming nothing specific triggered it) happened every 7 days or so. Look at the date of the alert within your alert history. There may have been a lag time of a day or so. Essentially, your FICO increased one day and dropped the next due to something else changing. Look through your EQ FICO to see if you can find any changes and reset the target score to 596 ASAP.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.