Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When CRAs update our reports

tag
ficus
Regular Contributor

When CRAs update our reports

I was wondering if the computers of the CRAs ever get to update our reports over the weekends. I have once received an alert on Sunday about a change on my report, but I wonder if this change was submitted on the Friday earlier. Most usually a CC payment doesn't post on non-business days. And this leads me to believe that they may not submit our balances over the weekend, either. Receiving an alert on a weekend may be the result of a hit at the very of the workweek.

Has anyone figured out exactly how soon ScoreWatch is notified of a change on the report? I look at this in terms of myFICO.com having a relationship with Equifax to be able to pull data from their systems and provide us with those alerts if a change is detected. Additionally, has anyone received a ScoreWatch alert on a Saturday?

Someone I know used the following method to figure out the exact day her CCC submits her balance to the CRAs. She left a balance of a few dollars on the card, and paid it down by a dollar a day. When the CCC reported the balance, she compared it to the day on which the CC had that same balance and bingo. Total control!

Message Edited by ficus on 10-06-2007 04:50 PM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When CRAs update our reports

actually did get a sw update about a new installment account hitting, no change in score!

sorry left out that it was today that i got the alert.

Message Edited by dnm45227 on 10-06-2007 08:05 PM
Message 2 of 9
ficus
Regular Contributor

The hit I got on a Sunday once was a CC balance change from $0 to $6. No change in score, either. But I'm thinking that it was too small of a change for the score to bother. But then again, the score didn't change later either, for weeks now. So it's probably because the change was marginal.
Message 3 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

One of my CC's posted on a Sunday. I was really startled, but the full date displayed, so there you are. No scorewatch alert, but the only one I've gotten recently came 36 hours after I had paid for an EQ score and report. *sigh*
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@dnm45227 wrote:

actually did get a sw update about a new installment account hitting, no change in score!
sorry left out that it was today that i got the alert.

Message Edited by dnm45227 on 10-06-2007 08:05 PM

That is exactly the alert I got, also today! HELOC posting (EQ calls it installment but treats it like some sort of charge card), no change in score! How weird is that--maybe that's the only alert it knows how to send any more.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 9
ficus
Regular Contributor

All this leads me to believe that we may be dealing with some sort of delay when it comes to reporting.
Message 6 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

WOW!  This is pure FICO-Aholicism!  Daily scores?  Cheez, unless one needs their score on, lets say Tuesday, because applying for new credit on Wednesday, who cares????  I have found that ordering a new score every two months is overkill, but daily?  What is the point?  Unless a new CL is sought, it is all academic, and not worth the stress over the daily dates, scores, etc. We all know, from reading these forums, the right things to do to increase credit score over time. But one day, or even one month, is but dust in the wind.
I, my name is Robert.  I am a FICO-Holic!!!!

Message Edited by RobertEG on 10-06-2007 06:58 PM

Message Edited by RobertEG on 10-06-2007 07:38 PM

Message Edited by RobertEG on 10-06-2007 07:39 PM
Message 7 of 9
ficus
Regular Contributor

Those with ScoreWatch can monitor their score daily. No need to buy the score every day. It's not what this post is about. ScoreWatch provides alerts for any change it detects. ANd once you know the submission day of month of each of your revolving accounts, you pretty much do as you please, showing off whatever util you choose.
Message 8 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Computers never sleep. I have seen EX update middle of the night on the weekends at times.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.