Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Does FICO Update Scores

tag
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

When Does FICO Update Scores

I was just reviewing my Sallie Mae info on line and noticed that FICO hasn't updated the FICO score since April 23, 2015.  I was under the impression that FICO updated the scores on credit cards every month.  Is that not true?  If not, then what is the benefit of getting a credit card and gives one their FICO score?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When Does FICO Update Scores

Barclays states they update it every 10 weeks or so. If you want monthly Walmart or Discover

Message 2 of 7
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, gdale.  I also have Discover, so will look at that FICO score and compare.

Message 3 of 7
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Well, just checked Discover.  Their last update was 5/27/2015 (score was 3 pts lower which I don't understand because it should be higher), so your info appears to be accurate.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Fair Isaac does not do actual scoring or updates.  They dont have the data to do so.

They license their algorithms to the CRAs, who then do the actual number crunching.

Scoring updates depend upon when the furnishers report, and how long thereafter it takes the CRAs to enter the data into their files.

Message 5 of 7
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Aah.  Thank you, Robert.  I was not aware of that.  Interesting to know.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps OP means that myFICO hasn't updated? this is common due to the way myFICO generates alerts and only updates when an alert triggers and not when the score changed. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.