cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a credit card closes your account due to a score dropping!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When a credit card closes your account due to a score dropping!

When a credit card closes your account due to your credit score dropping, does it drop it further? It says in the comments, closed by credit grantor, but everything is current on it.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't believe the "closed by credit grantor"...

I don't believe the "closed by credit grantor" is factored into FICO, but some lenders will weight it on their own internal scoring.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

doubleloop, do you mind sharing who would do such a thing?

doubleloop, do you mind sharing who would do such a thing?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't worry about it too much.  If the account was i...

I wouldn't worry about it too much.  If the account was in good standing when it was closed, I don't see why it would hurt your FICO.

I would call them up and ask about it.

But overall, good riddance to bad rubbish.  If that company was that persnickety about the way it handled your account, you'd have probably had to wait until Doomsday to get a CLI anyway.  If they don't want your business, that's their loss.

Message Edited by TheNewWorldMan on 03-28-2007 02:36 PM
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The real answer: it depends. If this is an old card and i...

The real answer: it depends.

If this is an old card and it gets closed and your average age (of open accounts) decreases, your score may drop. If it's a newer card and your average age increases, your score may increase.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't mind at all.  It was Chase.

Don't mind at all.  It was Chase.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.