Reply
New Contributor
madriley
Posts: 69
Registered: ‎03-07-2007
0

When can I get a better card?

I got Aspire ($1000) and Orchard Bank ($500) credit cards a few years ago when my credit was completely trashed.  They both have high interest and annual fees.  Now, my TU is 580, Equifax is 649 and Experian is 682.  Can I start demanding a better deal now?
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani
Posts: 6,182
Registered: ‎03-29-2007
0

Re: When can I get a better card?

Now. These are your FICOs right?
New Contributor
madriley
Posts: 69
Registered: ‎03-07-2007
0

Re: When can I get a better card?

Yep. Real FICOs. I called Aspire and they told me that they don't accept customer initiated credit line increases. I told them that they'd have to do a lot more than that to keep me. I want a lower interest rate and no annual fee. If Orchard doesn't help me either, where should I turn?
Moderator Emeritus
fused
Posts: 16,355
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
0

Re: When can I get a better card?



madriley wrote:
Yep. Real FICOs. I called Aspire and they told me that they don't accept customer initiated credit line increases. I told them that they'd have to do a lot more than that to keep me. I want a lower interest rate and no annual fee. If Orchard doesn't help me either, where should I turn?

Your EQ and EX scores alone would get you approved for Amex Delta Skymiles Gold, Hilton or Starwoods assuming you do not have a BK. They usually pull Ex and sometimes EQ.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (08-22-2014): EQ 820, EX 817, TU 815
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani
Posts: 6,182
Registered: ‎03-29-2007
0

Re: When can I get a better card?

Also try the Citi Premier Pass. If approved, convert to Dividend Plat Select.
New Contributor
madriley
Posts: 69
Registered: ‎03-07-2007
0

Re: When can I get a better card?

I will try that. How long do I have to wait before I can convert? I had a chapter 7 discharged in '03. Is that going to be a problem for me?
Frequent Contributor
Lori344
Posts: 313
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: When can I get a better card?

[ Edited ]


madriley wrote:
I will try that. How long do I have to wait before I can convert? I had a chapter 7 discharged in '03. Is that going to be a problem for me?

Yes it will be a problem with amex, i don't know about he citi
 
 
Tuscani, do you know which CRA citi pulls most freq?


Message Edited by Lori344 on 07-14-2007 10:11 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani
Posts: 6,182
Registered: ‎03-29-2007
0

Re: When can I get a better card?

Citi is not BK friendly either.
 
 
Frequent Contributor
Lori344
Posts: 313
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: When can I get a better card?



Tuscani wrote:
Citi is not BK friendly either.
 
 



Tuscani, do you know which CRA they pull (usually) I don't have a bk, and thinking about applying with them. I'm an AU on my husband's account and they will not convert to joint. Also, i've heard that they do not report your cl only high balance is this true?
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani
Posts: 6,182
Registered: ‎03-29-2007
0

Re: When can I get a better card?



Lori344 wrote:


Tuscani wrote:
Citi is not BK friendly either.
 
 



Tuscani, do you know which CRA they pull (usually) I don't have a bk, and thinking about applying with them. I'm an AU on my husband's account and they will not convert to joint. Also, i've heard that they do not report your cl only high balance is this true?


which state do you live in?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+