fredflicker

When do bureaus rescore?

I just paid off a good chunk of debt (May 1), and am wondering when the lower balances are going to reflect on my CR? Do creditors usually report to the bureaus at a given time of each month? I'm interested in quick results because I want to apply for a mortgage before the end of May. Thanks.
Regular Contributor
okrogius

Re: When do bureaus rescore?

Thanks for taking the time to search the forums first.

Generally creditors report on a monthly basis - typically around the same date. This date varies by account. Your score is calculated at any given time for a particular report. Once the report changes, your score would therefore change too (alternatively there are also changes in score given aging of things on it).
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: When do bureaus rescore?

You can also call the creditors and ask them when they report.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}