Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do scores update?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When do scores update?

I had a tax lien on my credit reports that was an error.  After fighting with the credit bureaus for months sending letters from the state that filled the lien proving it was an error, they finally removed them last week.  When I pulled my scores, they didnt really go up.  Does anyone know why? Does it take a while for the scores to update? I am sure if a collection was added it would go down right then, but does it take some time for it to change if something is deleted from my report?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: When do scores update?

Was this the only negative account on your reports? Are you sure it is off the reports?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, this wasnt the only negative item.  I have a few credit card charge offs and a few collections.  I also have two good credit cards that i am an authorized user on.  This was the only item in the judgement/lien section.  It was a tax lien for $1200.  Yes, it is off.  Ive checked my reports and it doesnt show on there anymore.  I just dont get why my score hasnt changed.  I checked my report and score on creditchecktotal.com which is an experian site.  I checked it on 6/18 and the lien was still showing on Experian and my score with experian was 579.  It was deleted later that day so I pulled it again on 6/25 and my score was 587.  Why would it only go up 8 points? With equifax, it didnt go up any.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because you still have other baddies on your report and they are ones that are judged just as harshly as a lien.  Work on getting those other baddies removed.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.