Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do they report each month

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When do they report each month

Does anyone know when your loans and credit report companies report to the Bureau. Is it on a particular day of the month ??
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When do they report each month

Every creditor is different. But they should report once every 30 days.
Message 2 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

If you have time, try calling the "reporting department" at your creditors companies and ask them.  You will surprised that they will be up front and honest with.  I did this some time ago.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's no set day where the companies have to report. Every 30 days generally..this may vary however. My credit union reports once every 6 months. I called them to ask about this, and their reply was "Well wait and see..sometimes it takes a couple of months for the account balance change to show up on your credit report". Religiously every six months though, the balances update.
Message 4 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

You can also reference the "reported" date on your TLs for an estimated date.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It varies, usually with in 5-10 days of closing date that is if they post from what I've seen under normal conditions. But they are not obligated to this time frame. For me all my accounts report by the 10th of each month.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.