Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does FICO reflect change in CCC changes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When does FICO reflect change in CCC changes

In the last week I had a credit card completly removed on all three credit reports.  It showed over $70K as being owed and was incorrect and should have been removed.  Last month these were my credit scores:  TU  708  EXPERIAN 708   EQUIFAX 710.  When I ran the three reports today using truecredit.com I see the credit card removed and the scores being:  TU  842  EXPERIAN 817   EQUIFAX 853.

Before the credit card was removed my FICO was 632.  I have alerts set to tell me when my FICO changes but have not been notified of a change yet.  How long does it take for FICO to react to the changes in the scores of the credit reporting companies?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Macroman
Regular Contributor

Re: When does FICO reflect change in CCC changes

It can take up to a little more than a month depending on the report and reporting cycle of the credit issuer. I gather from your post that TC reports are updated (although scores are not necessarily comparable) so I would expect the FICO scores to follow shortly.

I don't know what the reporting cycle of the service you are using is. Is it Scorewatch?

Transunion reports will generally be the slowest to pickup changes. If the score is immediately important (going in to apply for a mortgage?) I suggest buying a TU report before applying.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When does FICO reflect change in CCC changes

Yes I am using SCOREWATCH -Equifax so I am noty sure when their reporting cycle occurs. 

I have never had a situation where I was expecting it to go up by more that 8 or 9 points so obviously I am anxious to see this reflected on my FICO score.  Not planning on taking on more debt so just want to see updated score.  Thank you

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.