Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When exactly is 6 months?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When exactly is 6 months?

I plan on removing myself as an au on my dad's barclay card from july 2013 after MY credit is 6 months old.

(so I can generate ficos.)  My oldest card was opened july 22nd of this year. So, does this mean, 6 months is jan 1st or jan 22nd?  I want to distance myself from my dad's cards, mainly because I don't want to have to deal with the util thing with him.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

Re: When exactly is 6 months?

6 month shoould be jan 22nd ; it might be jan 1st on EX as my EX seems to only care about month on my reports

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why not wait until you know scores have been generated on all three and then remove yourself??
Message 3 of 9
elim
Senior Contributor

I would stay on until I had a couple bank cards reporting, unless dads utilization is to high for the approvals.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

By the way, what is the current utilization?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 4 of my own cards reporting.

Total util is 4%.  I just dont want to have to tell him to pay it/not use it certain days.  Im an au on his 11k discover and that card always reports the balance, so I'd like to not have to worry about another card of his reporting.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeffm4688 wrote:

6 month shoould be jan 22nd ; it might be jan 1st on EX as my EX seems to only care about month on my reports

This is right.  Just checked older 3b pull on cct.  Ex is 7/1 while eq and tu are 7/29 (thought it was 22nd, my bad).  So, I'd have to wait until jan 29th for eq and tu.

Message 7 of 9
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Total util is 4%.  I just dont want to have to tell him to pay it/not use it certain days.  Im an au on his 11k discover and that card always reports the balance, so I'd like to not have to worry about another card of his reporting.

My opinion is that an AU is a credit reporting beneficiary.  

My suggestion? If you feel the need to tell DD how to manage his Discover card, you should take yourself off as AU now. Like, call now and have yourself removed. You got a benefit from the card being added to  your report. How DD uses the card has obviously worked for him in the past, and it's not really your place to start managing the account for him.

Each individual must manage their own credit. You have enough cards now you can do your own card management.

And get DD a nice Chiristmas gift too.

Cheers!

edit to add: And Barclays? Yeah, go ahead and remove yourself from both cards.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My opinion is that an AU is a credit reporting beneficiary.  

My suggestion? If you feel the need to tell DD how to manage his Discover card, you should take yourself off as AU now. Like, call now and have yourself removed. You got a benefit from the card being added to  your report. How DD uses the card has obviously worked for him in the past, and it's not really your place to start managing the account for him.

Each individual must manage their own credit. You have enough cards now you can do your own card management.

And get DD a nice Chiristmas gift too.

Cheers!

Great advice, thank you!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.