Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When exactly will my score update?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When exactly will my score update?

My statement cut-off date with Chase is today. They usually seem to report the day after, so tomorrow the 16th. 

Does this update at midnight? Or at any random time during the day? Wanted to know when exactly as I am anxious to apply for a new card and this will drop my util below 10% and give me a nice bump to my score

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When exactly will my score update?

Tough to say.  There can be a lag of a couple of days between when a creditor reports and when the bureaus update.  While the "date last reported" may be the 16th, it could be the 18th or 19th before the bureaus update the information and your score is impacted.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My statement cut-off date with Chase is today. They usually seem to report the day after, so tomorrow the 16th. 

Does this update at midnight? Or at any random time during the day? Wanted to know when exactly as I am anxious to apply for a new card and this will drop my util below 10% and give me a nice bump to my score

I understand the feeling...but are you trying to take advantage of some expiring sign up bonus as to why you are anxious..??

Message 3 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The dates vary widely. 

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Blue for biz special offer expires the 22nd and wanted to get it before then

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

SouthJ is absolutely right that the time it takes a CRA to update its database its a crap shoot.  Even if you focus on one creditor and one specific CRA you might find quite a little bit of variance.  That CRA might take two business days to update one month, and 5 business days another month.

Doinit penetrated to the heart by sussing out why you were anxious.

My feeling is that you may be OK.  If the card offer is valid until 11 pm Eastern Time Wed Feb 22, and Chase reports on Thurs Feb 16, then you have three business days (Fri, Tues, Wed).  CRAs often update by then.  (Note that Monday is a federal holiday and is not a business day.)

Basically you have a decent shot (over 50%) but you shouldn't be sure it will happen.  It's out of your hands and a good time for the Serenity Prayer.

Two quick thoughts, however:

(1)  You mention that you are bringing your utilization down to below 10%.  Actually you will likely need to bring your total utilization to below 8.99% to get the scoring benefit you hope for.

(2)  You should have a free tool (or nearly free, like CCT) lined up to use to pull your reports on Wed night, so that you can see which CRAs have updated then.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.