cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will a new card report for fico score?

tag
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

When will a new card report for fico score?

I activated my new chase freedom card two days ago.  Their statement date is this coming Tuesday the 26th.  I spoke with cs who told me the cutoff for posting would probably be Sunday the 24th.  Question, if I don't use the card until post cutoff, will it report as a TL with the 0 balance and paid as agreed up? 

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: When will a new card report for fico score?

Chase is going to report your statement balance to the reporting agencies. It will report paid as agreed unless you are late, which isn't really a possibility on your new card until the 2nd statement.
EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 4
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:
Chase is going to report your statement balance to the reporting agencies. It will report paid as agreed unless you are late, which isn't really a possibility on your new card until the 2nd statement.

Thanks, I'll not use it until after Tuesday, that will leave only one card reporting a balance for Nov.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 3 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Chase can be hit or miss on the first statement in most cases it reports 2nd statement 

Hopefully yours reports sooner and congrats on the new card 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.