Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will score change?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When will score change?

I have been doing the repairs to my report  and my wife's now for over 3 months.  I got over 10 bad inquiry's removed on both of our reports. paid down all balances on cc's. But my score has not changed yet other than the first initial jump in score  Here is our old situation and now current situation.

my scores:  491 EX 512 TU and 530 EQ- Jan. 20th 2009

Wife scores 591 EX 515 TU and 563 EQ

Now  me    566 EX 533 TU 563 EQ

Now wife   591 EX  534 TU 533 EQ

We deffered my wifes student loans from being pass due by a year to now current and her score dropped 30 points.

CC balances Jan-09

1000 limit 900 balance

320 limit 412 balance

300 limit 250 balance

250 limit 190 balance

250 limit 240 balance

1500 limit 180 balance

2400 limit 1700 balance

CC Balances Now:

1500 limit with a 900 balance

320 limit with a 147 balance

300 limit with a 0 balance

1500 limit with a 0 balance

250 limit with a 0 balance

250 limit with a 0 balance

2400 limit with a 1500 balance

What type of increase can I expect now with everything being paid down?

Thanks for the help

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When will score change?

I think you will see a big jump if you get under 1200.00 owed or better yet 650.00 owed.

That will bring your utli down were fico likes it.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This seems like a long process to see the point jumps.  We are trying to get construction mortgage for a mobile home we are buying brand new.  So I need the scores to come up quick any sugestions on how to get  abig score jump quick?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

paying off all your credit cards will show a huge jump in scores....

Also, try to get rid of any negatives in your report by GW or PIF methods.

Message 4 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

j_cwayman wrote:
This seems like a long process to see the point jumps.  We are trying to get construction mortgage for a mobile home we are buying brand new.  So I need the scores to come up quick any sugestions on how to get  abig score jump quick?

Unfortunately, it's like losing weight. It took a while to get it on, and it takes a while to get it off.

Paying down balances is a very quick way to jump your scores: 5-6 week turnaround (allowing all to update) if you have the cash to do so.

Can you delay your loan until these are paid down/ off? And your lender will be a lot happier to see you without all these other debts.

(And I hope you have a good cash reserve socked away for all the unpleasant surprises that come with building and buying homes.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so I got a little discouraged.  I have paid everything down noticed the chages in my EQ CR and still no score change at all Smiley Sad  DW and I are trying so hard and I have heard of people getting big jumps in scores right away but for her and I nothing is happening.  We need to be in the 620 range within the next 2-3 months.  We have paid everything.  I went from the FCO saying bad debt to now saying I have good payment history, good reduced debt and even good amt of credit but only bad on the lenth of credit.  I feel as if I will never get to be above the "hump" anyone have any advice?

Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

What are the current balances showing on your EQ credit report?

What are the positives and negatives showing on screen two (the screen with the balance scales)?

Short history alone shouldn't keep your scores this low. Low util, clean records and short history should have you around 660 - 680 at least.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.