cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find info on rebucketing? have been reading post and think this happened to me.

tag
dekelley1
Regular Contributor

Where can I find info on rebucketing? have been reading post and think this happened to me.

Before I bought my car I got my CS up to 630EQ (they don't report for the first 6mo.)  Then 3mo later my score dropped to 540, then up to 574 last mo.  There have been no changes to my credit over this time.  Can someone explaine to me how rebucketing works and where I can read more about it?

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: Lender pullEQ 667, TU04 698 TU98 644, EX 660
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Where can I find info on rebucketing? have been reading post and think this happened to me.

@dekelley1 wrote:

Before I bought my car I got my CS up to 630EQ (they don't report for the first 6mo.)  Then 3mo later my score dropped to 540, then up to 574 last mo.  There have been no changes to my credit over this time.  Can someone explaine to me how rebucketing works and where I can read more about it?

Are these FICO scores? Where did you obtain your scores from?

If these scores were consistently obtained from the same source have you laid the CBR's side by side and checked very carefully for changes?

What was/is your AAoA, length of credit history and UTIL %? 

There is no detailed information available on scoring buckets. This information is the intellectual property of FICO and not made available to the public. That being said there are two negative buckets, the rest are positive. With the level of scores you post it is almost certain you were and are in a negative scoring bucket (w/derog's) so I doubt rebucketing is the cause of your score change.

Message 2 of 10
dekelley1
Regular Contributor

Re: Where can I find info on rebucketing? have been reading post and think this happened to me.

Yes, I did see a change, I had a secured credit card from wamu for 4mo, then JP Morgan bought them.  They closed my credit card, but the type of account changed from secured credit card to credit card.  the account type change happened 3mo's after the account was closed, and thats when my score droped almost 100pts.

Message 3 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Was the date opened changed on this account? What about the other questions I asked? All are important.
Message 4 of 10
dekelley1
Regular Contributor

Sorry, yes these are FICO scores I get all my scores here.  I don't know what AAoA is, and the date the account opened didn't change.  My utilization is high, but that didn't change over that period of time.  However this has change and my utilization is now 10%, this is not reflected on my score as of yet.

Message 5 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Did you save your old reports, either to disk or by printing them out?

If so, what were the negatives (in order) on the higher report, and then on the other two? You can list the positives too, if you like, but they're mainly there for fun. It's the negatives that represent what drives scores changes.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 10
dekelley1
Regular Contributor

I will get that together, but are you telling me that the good accounts don't drive my score at all? 

Message 7 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

We've been telling you that we need more specific information regarding your FICO score/reports. And yes, negative TL's can have a far greater influence on your FICO scores than the positive ones do.
Message 8 of 10
dekelley1
Regular Contributor

Yes, I understand that.  I will get that info together. 

Thanks for all your input.

Message 9 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

dekelley1 wrote:

I will get that together, but are you telling me that the good accounts don't drive my score at all? 

Yes, they do, very much so.

The positives and negatives on your myFICO score reports are taken from the list of negative factors on the full FICO score report that your lenders get. Anyone who has seen a report from a mortgage pull will recognize this list. The negatives here are from the top of the list. They're the factors hurting you the most. The positives here are from the bottom of the list. They're the factors hurting you the least; i.e. helping you. That's why they sometimes read funny, sort of a "You haven't screwed up too badly recently." Smiley Very Happy

But anyway, the negatives you get here are the important ones, because they are holding you back the most. When there's a big score change, look to see if the negatives have changed order, or if a new one appears.

edited to correct typo
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-30-2009 02:04 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.