Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did 39 EQ points go?!?!

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: Where did 39 EQ points go?!?!

Awww, marinevietvet, why did you move it? I live in the credit card section!
Message 11 of 21
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@MrShush wrote:

@llecs wrote:

OP, which rebucketing can lead to an increase or decrease, narrow everything out first. Since you have SW pull your EQ report from somewhere. Something as simple as a dropped TL or CLD can lead to a decrease without alerting you. In fact, IME, most of my TLs dropped on the first of each month.

No TL have been removed from my EQ as of this morning when the SW alerted or after when I pull the report. I checked all my reporting lines and none as of the SW were (God forbid!!!) CLD'ed or otherwise.

OP, did the pos/neg items change at all on pages 2&3? That's often revealing. [assuming the 2nd pull was from myFICO]

Message 12 of 21
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Pull was from Equifax dot com. I guess I will pull another in a day or so. I have checked EVERY creditor and nothing in terms of CL has changed...knock wood.
Message 13 of 21
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

In order to rule in rebucketing, you have to rule everything else out.

Did any balances change? Specifically, were there less $0 balances?

Do you have any baddies reporting? If so, that rules out rebucketing. You can't be rebucketed if baddies are still present. I suspect not due to the high scores.

Anything disputed? Any queries that could have resulted in a dispute comment?

Any oldest accounts hit a major b-day? AAoA change on 7/1?

Message 14 of 21
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

In order to rule in rebucketing, you have to rule everything else out.

Did any balances change? Specifically, were there less $0 balances?

Do you have any baddies reporting? If so, that rules out rebucketing. You can't be rebucketed if baddies are still present. I suspect not due to the high scores.

Anything disputed? Any queries that could have resulted in a dispute comment?

Any oldest accounts hit a major b-day? AAoA change on 7/1?

No balances changed that the report reflected. I did make a charge at Macy's and paid it off 2 days after it posted but before the statement cut. I did make a much needed purchase for a mattress (1694.94) on JP Morgan Select which does not report as confirmed by the CRs.

No baddies/lates/derogs/negs.

No disputes except for a long standing fraud alert, but that's been there for years.

I did force an update due to a mid-cycle anomoly from FIA/BoA on my 2 cards with them. I had a post around somewhere about that. I changed my address (to the same) to force another reoprt. They reported 3 weeks early and that caused a drop from 772-756 and when they reported again it bounced right back.

The only birthday would be my AMEX (Green-->Platinum) hit 2 years this month, though that was dated back to 06/1996.

This is why I'm so stumped!

Message 15 of 21
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd check to see if the BofA shows under dispute.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

Message 16 of 21
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Lol thanks

Ill check.

You understand my frustration now?!
Message 17 of 21
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

I just wondered if the NEW NAME & Address Change to my tradeline made it "seem": like a new account hit my  report - but then in time it figured itself out and gave me my points back.   Oh well..disregard then.  I did check for balance changes and such first and I was actualy ilke 60 less owed then before the brief drop in score.  but never mind..this was just my "thoughts" on what may have happened, not a fact.

Message 18 of 21
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Changing your address shouldn't make any difference to your FICO® score. What was the %utilization change on the card with the balance change ?
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 19 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@pizzadude wrote:
Changing your address shouldn't make any difference to your FICO® score. What was the %utilization change on the card with the balance change ?

Unless there's some verification period sort of like a dispute.  I know it's probably not suposed to, but if it's in flight, it might come out the same in the non-scored category.

Just throwing it out there, possibly no impact on reality.

        
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.