cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does it show your Fico score?

tag
gsmarks75

Where does it show your Fico score?

I signed up for Score Watch (working our way towards a mortgage after BK), and it said I would get my Fico score instantly. However, all I have seen is my Equifax score. Help??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Where does it show your Fico score?

The score you're seeing is a FICO score that happens to come from the credit reporting agency Equifax.

There are several different types of FICO scores. Each agency uses a slightly different model (and for TransUnion, for instance, there are actually three possible different FICO models!).

Fortunately, of all the FICO scores you're likely to be able to access, the Equifax "Beacon" score from Score Watch is probably the one that comes closest to the Equifax score a banker might pull.

Just realize that if a banker pulls from three credit reporting agencies, you'll see three different score numbers -- all likely to be FICO, but each one tailored slightly differently to fit a particular agency.

Confusing? Yes. But everything about credit scoring is confusing.

Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@gsmarks75 wrote:

I signed up for Score Watch (working our way towards a mortgage after BK), and it said I would get my Fico score instantly. However, all I have seen is my Equifax score. Help??

Welcome! If you purchased SW via myFICO.com, then you'll automatically have your first Equifax report with Equifax FICO score. The only scores offered on myFICO are FICO scores. 

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I'm pretty sure you only get the EQ score with Score Watch since it monitors your EQ report.  FICO quarterly monitoring monitors TU and their score.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.