Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my score headed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where is my score headed?

Hi,

I am hoping to get a feel for what range my score will be in come Jan 2012 or there about.

Back in November of 2010 I had 7 bad CL's showing, 5 of which were nearing the 7 year mark and 2 from more recent times.  Since then I had 1 drop off and another that I worked with the creditor on to clear up (I wasn't even aware of it until the credit report).  My score has improved, I went from about 545 to 600, still I think good change for having two items removed.  The only other thing I have done is continue to pay my only loan (student loan) on time.  I expect 2 more old ones to drop off in July and another 2 to come off in November.  Without doing anything else can someone give me an educated guess of what range my score will likely be?  I hope to be in the 660-680 range come early 2012.  Is this a reasonable expectation if I do nothing else.

Bear in mind I will soon be seeking to open a CL in the form of a credit card because other than the baddies I have nothing of  that sort on my report and I believe I need to show something with good utilization.  I might also want to note that currently I do not have any other OPEN loans, credit cards, or CL's of any kind - just $24k in student loans that show perfect repayment.  I do have two PAID IN FULL auto loans showing... the first was from 2002-2006 and the other was from 2005 - 2009 both with no lates.  My oldest account is one of those that will come off (a credit card).  I think it was opened in 2000 so the oldest account will now be the first auto loan.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Where is my score headed?

Hard to say wihtout detailed information, and even then it will be a guess.  

How many total negative accounts (ca's, etc) will you have at that time?  

How many accounts will have late payments in their history?  

How many cards (revolving accounts)  do you have, and what is their utilization?  

Do you have a real estate account?  

Do you have any open loans like car loans, etc?

How many inquiries will you have that are less than 1 yr?

Do you have any public records?

Can you PFD or GW any of the recent baddies?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might have a little fun using the FICO Estimator.  Just fill it out as it would be in Jan 2012.  I love to play with that thang.  Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

beamMEup-- Woo Hoo!  I've never seen that FICO SCORE ESTIMATOR before.  It was spot on, saying I should be between 620 to 670,  I'm 624.  Wish I was at the higher end of the spectrum.  Thanks for that tip.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will check it out.  I tried using the simulator on here but couldn't work out a way to do it.

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately it gives me a broad range at which I am currently at the bottom of that range.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.