cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Credit Report Do You Prefer To View?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Which Credit Report Do You Prefer To View?

I know most people will read the subject and think "the one with the higher score!" Smiley Happy

Between TU and EQ, TU seems to be the easiest to view. It provides info for each month that you have an account open (balance, amount due, amount paid, past due and high balance).  EQ just shows items as of the last date reported (high credit, credit limit, months reviewed, balance, last payment, amount due and amount paid). All good info but TU just seems cleaner/easier to read plus I like being able to look back at previous months/years.

Do these companies score differently? I'm combing through my reports to see why there is usually a 20-25 point difference between the two (EQ is higher). The only thing that I can find so far is there is an extra lien on my TU (5 vs 4 on EQ). I might be wrong but I don't think that is worth 20 points. EQ has two more inquiries over the last 24 months (11 vs 9 on TU). Most of those are from around this time last year so they wont be carrying much if any weight in the next month.

I guess I should pull my EX report to see how that looks soon. And now we can pull our score for them here. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Which Credit Report Do You Prefer To View?

Where are you getting your reports?  That can make a difference also.

I like the ones directly from the CRAs or annualcreditreport.com when I can get the free ones.

If you had 3 identical reports and the exact same version of FICO was used, all of your scores would still be different because each CRA uses different scoring criteria.

If you are getting your reports from here, they use a different version/model of FICO for each one.

Message 2 of 6
masscredit
Valued Contributor

The reports that I'm viewing are directly from the CRAs.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 3 of 6
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

TU and EQ are the most viewed by myself.  Hardly anyone uses EX anymore when checking credit.  I haven't checked my EX for 2 years until yesterday.  It was my lowest score out of the big three, 2 years ago.  Come to find out, it's now my highest (678) LOL......... The good news, is that my credit scoring is balancing out now after 2.5 years of new positive tradelines.  670 / 676 / 678

I have two collections showing on TU, 26 inquiries.  EQ shows ZERO collections, 3 inquiries.  EX shows ZERO collections AND ZERO inquiries.....

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@mtrsprt

Experian is still widely used. However, bureaus are also regional. I'm in So Ca and Chase and Citi pull Ex - not to mention Amex which pulls Ex primarily.
Message 5 of 6
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

@ Lexie........EX is dead compared to TU and EQ.  Fact.   Amex hits my EQ report once a month, as well as Chase.....Just an FYI    BTW....I live in So Cal also.....    Bureau's may be regional, but has nothing to do with creditors decsions to pull from a specific one also.

I have had hundreds of hits on my EQ, and TU files, and VERY few on EX.  In 3 years, over 40 inquiries, and only TWO creditors used EX....    

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.