cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which FICO do you get from EQ Score Power? What about SW?

tag
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Which FICO do you get from EQ Score Power? What about SW?

My question is as stated in the title.  A month ago my Score Power FICO was 690.  I've since had a collection removed, a collection with a balance updated to $0, and two new credit cards are reporting.  Score Watch says my current score is 678.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Which FICO do you get from EQ Score Power? What about SW?

Beacon 5.0

Message 2 of 6
axxy
Regular Contributor

Two new credit cards reporting can hurt your score a lot.  When US Bank acquired Kroger credit cards from RBS, my score went way down, because US Bank reported my Kroger account as a new account, even though I had it for years.  And a lot more recently, when I got a new Capital One card, with bonus cash back and no fee, that too caused my score to go down significantly.  So, if one new account can do that to my score, it's easy to believe that two new accounts can make you look like an absolute deadbeat.

Message 3 of 6
foofighter74
Established Contributor

yeah, the new credit cards are pulling your score down. 

Message 4 of 6
Simply827
Established Contributor

@axxy wrote:

Two new credit cards reporting can hurt your score a lot.  When US Bank acquired Kroger credit cards from RBS, my score went way down, because US Bank reported my Kroger account as a new account, even though I had it for years.  And a lot more recently, when I got a new Capital One card, with bonus cash back and no fee, that too caused my score to go down significantly.  So, if one new account can do that to my score, it's easy to believe that two new accounts can make you look like an absolute deadbeat.

Contact your CCC or the CRA to have the proper date reflected. Cap 1 took over two of my cards and they showed the original opening date on my CR.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 5 of 6
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@axxy wrote:

Well, no pain, no gain I suppose.  Thanks for the explanation.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.