Senior Contributor
smallfry

Which credit report

I see that you can get one report and one FICO credit score through myfico. The choices are EX T and EQ. Which report should I get for the $15 cost? Are these the same reports that I just got for free a couple of weeks ago when I went through www.annualcreditreports.com?
Valued Contributor
TheNewWorldMan

Re: Which credit report

The free reports don't include FICO. Look at the reports. Get one FICO score--doesn't matter from whom--and that way you can drop a virtual plumb line through your credit info and get a ballpark idea where you stand overall. Then check the report for accuracy. The analysis tools on the myFICO site, while not infallible, generally can provide some decent to good guidance on what's eating your credit score and how to increase it over time.
- - - -
in a credit-scoring postnuclear Stone Age...
Senior Contributor
smallfry

Thanks again.
Senior Contributor
smallfry

So are the free reports exactly the same as the ones that are generated when you pay a fee to FICO to get the reports or are they missing info?
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

smallfry wrote:
So are the free reports exactly the same as the ones that are generated when you pay a fee to FICO to get the reports or are they missing info?

You can order the report from www.annualcreditreport.com  as you process your order you will be asked by each bureau usually if you would like to include a score for a fee.  I'd take that option

Valued Contributor
TheNewWorldMan

Yes, the score definitely has value, even if it's FAKO rather than FICO. It's a good ballpark estimate of where you stand in the Big Scheme of Things credit-wise.
- - - -
in a credit-scoring postnuclear Stone Age...
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Just remember.. FAKOS can be 100+/- your actual score.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}