cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is better: Card usage at 92% or card usage at 54%?

tag
cashcardscore
New Contributor

Which is better: Card usage at 92% or card usage at 54%?

I hate BoA with a passion so I BT'd my balance to my USAA card. That now puts me at 54% usage with my USAA card and takes me to 0% where everyone should be with BoA.

Should I expect a gain from this or should I expect a decrease?

Starting Score: EQ 577
Current Score: EQ 686
Goal Score:EQ 700

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: Which is better: Card usage at 92% or card usage at 54%?

Just so I understand, you BTd a balance from one card to another and that's all. If so, your score may increase a point or two because individual card utilization is a factor in scoring; however, overall utilization is the real driving number. Moving debt around really doesn't affect it at all. Don't expect a score increase more than 1-2 points IMO.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
cashcardscore
New Contributor

Re: Which is better: Card usage at 92% or card usage at 54%?

Well that BT also means I owe on 2 cards instead of 3, out of a total of 7 cards. SW should say something when the CRA update. The cool thing is, is that BoA reports mid month for me and USAA reports at the end of the month. If I get lucky I can pull my EQ which will no shoe the BT and a good chunk of my debt wont show either. Short trip though as days later USAA will report but it will be good enough for a smile.
Starting Score: EQ 577
Current Score: EQ 686
Goal Score:EQ 700

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.