cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is better? Leave a Paid Collection or have it removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which is better? Leave a Paid Collection or have it removed?

I have 4 Paid Collection Accounts that will be adjusting to Paid status in April and then in May.

3 were assigned in 2007 and 2 were assigned in 2006.

3 have a first date of delinquency of 2005, 1 has a first date of delinquency in 2006 and 1 in 2007.

Should I try to have them removed since they have been paid? 

Would they allow me to remove them? 

Will removing them impact my score since they have been there between 3 - 1 years?  My oldest account was in 1995 and my newest account was in 2007 (collection account). 

Someone told me that accurate negative information stays on your account for 7 years and since the accounts did go into collections, it would be hard to get them removed, even though they have been paid.  Is this true?

Jodi
It's always hardest before the summit.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which is better? Leave a Paid Collection or have it removed?

at this point if (and they appear to be) they are accurate and reporting correctly, the only option is the good will approach.

basicly you send letters to anyone with an addy begging them to delete the information by explaiing the circumstances behind the initial problem, telling them how bad it's hurting you with them being on your report, and how you've learned you lesson.

good luck.

and yes a single collection account, when aged off netted midnightvoice something on the order of 50 points!
Message 2 of 3
jzralnc
Established Member

Re: Which is better? Leave a Paid Collection or have it removed?

I also have a collection on my report that i was going to make a phone call about to the CA. It was settled in May 2005. However it's not on my CR as having gone to colleciton, but listed as CAP ONE: EXP and TU list it as Closed/Collection/Charge-off. EQX shows it to be current, last reported in March 2003.

Because of the history with being late on the account (2=30 days, 1=60 days, 4=90 days), I was going to ask for a deletion of the TL. Like I said it was settled in May 2005. The CA is a place called "Viking."

Think i'll get any love on this?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.