On Transunion site, my score is 620 as of today

On Exquifax site, My score is 622 as of today

which one do I go by?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Which one is my correct score?

The scores from the various sites are FAKO rather than FICO scores, and the TU score available from MyFico is an old model (TU 98).

So I'd go by the EX or EQ scores from MyFico, and they appear to be in basic agreement with each other.

Message 2 of 3
mrgoattoo
New Contributor

Re: Which one is my correct score?

@Dess wrote:

So which site is accurate? 

My Fico as of  3/25

TU - 661    EX - 612  EQ- 635

On the experian website (through USAA)  as of 3/13 

TU- 666 EX-583 EQ- 553

On Transunion site, my score is 620 as of today

On Exquifax site, My score is 622 as of today

which one do I go by?

Initially I was told that creditors take all three and average them.

Ive yet to see even one creditor do it that way. So far they seem to use TU nearly exclusively when Ive applied for new credit.

And as I just posted on another thread some creditors dont seem to use standard scores but may have a modified manner of pulling scores.

When I got my Statefarm card the TU score they pulled was nearly 50pts lower than what I was looking at. I called them about it and she said they used their own modified FICO system. Obviously having a hard score in hand didnt mean a whole lot if they didnt even use it. I was approved for $5000 which was more than I expected, but it just made me realize that scores are just a guage.....they arent set in stone and certainly a creditor can use them or ignore them and have their own thing going on.

TU FICO average 819
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.