Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which score is actually used?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which score is actually used?

I have read this forum for a few hours but I'm still confused. I pulled all 3 scores today from myfico and they are: TU 627 EQ 694 EXP 655 When I click on them they all say "FICO" score, such as Transunion FICO and they all have that gold seal. I'm confused as to what people will actually see when they pull my score. For example, I'm going car shopping. Which score will they pull? I read that equifax is the only real fico, but now they all say FICO. Can someone shed some light on this ever confusing subject? Just some background - discharged ch 7 in 2003
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which score is actually used?

if you buy them here they are true blue fico's.

however, there are specific fico's. auto enhanced, pfico (credit card specific), and who knows what else. these you can't buy, but wamu will give you a pfico for tu or ex  once a month if you have a card w/them.

fico is a starting point, most lendors take the fico and dump it into an internal matrix and then make a decision. high ficos are key even in a internal matrix though.

keep reading you'll get a handle on the terms.
Message 2 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I have read this forum for a few hours but I'm still confused. I pulled all 3 scores today from myfico and they are: TU 627 EQ 694 EXP 655 When I click on them they all say "FICO" score, such as Transunion FICO and they all have that gold seal. I'm confused as to what people will actually see when they pull my score. For example, I'm going car shopping. Which score will they pull? I read that equifax is the only real fico, but now they all say FICO. Can someone shed some light on this ever confusing subject? Just some background - discharged ch 7 in 2003

L79G, which score a car dealership will pull will vary from dealer to dealer, as well as region to region. Therefore, lenders are apt to see any of the scores. As Ducky said though, car dealers often use auto-enhanced FICO scores.

The different CRAs have different versions of the FICO algorithm, which causes the scores to be different, even if everything were reported exactly the same. EQ's version if FICO is called Beacon, EX's version is called Fair Isaac and TU's is called Emperica. The score ranges for EQ and EX are 300-850, while TU has a score range of 336-843.

Hope this is digestable for you.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I read that equifax is the only real fico, but now they all say FICO.
Hi, welcome to the forums!

That might have been me who confused you, and if so, I apologize. The unique thing about the EQ FICO score is that you can buy it from the Equifax website, as well as from here. EQ is the only CRA that will sell you your real FICO score directly. For your real EX and TU scores, you have to come here.

All three scores are real, and they usually all vary one from the other. This is because each CRA has requested a slightly different formula from the others, and also because most people with a fair number of accounts on their reports have things reporting a bit differently --a CC that's only on one report, or a different date, etc.

edit: And as the others said, some car dealers use an "auto-enhanced" FICO score, which is derived from the classic FICO's that are found here.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 02-08-2008 10:43 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I read that equifax is the only real fico, but now they all say FICO.
Hi, welcome to the forums!

That might have been me who confused you, and if so, I apologize. The unique thing about the EQ FICO score is that you can buy it from the Equifax website, as well as from here. EQ is the only CRA that will sell you your real FICO score directly. For your real EX and TU scores, you have to come here.

All three scores are real, and they usually all vary one from the other. This is because each CRA has requested a slightly different formula from the others, and also because most people with a fair number of accounts on their reports have things reporting a bit differently --a CC that's only on one report, or a different date, etc.

edit: And as the others said, some car dealers use an "auto-enhanced" FICO score, which is derived from the classic FICO's that are found here.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 02-08-2008 10:43 AM

www.transunioncs.com for official TU FICO score but why pay more just buy it here.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.